The company rolls out a series of applications to track, monitor and manage assets and edge devices in the field.
SAP announced the launch of several new IoT tools and services at SAP Leonardo Live, its global summit held this week in Frankfurt, Germany. As part of the SAP Leonardo digital innovation system, the new offerings aim to take advantage of recent advantages in big data and analytics, machine learning, and the capability to connect people, things and business in the cloud to enable IoT strategies across digital logistics, manufacturing, and asset management.
[ Related: From Cloud to Edge: Why SAP Acquired Plat.On ]
According to SAP’s website, the new offerings include the following:
- SAP Leonardo IoT Bridge, a configurable role-based digital command center giving operations managers visibility and capability to act in real time.
- SAP Global Track and Trace, a cloud-based offering for unified, end-to-end tracking, monitoring and reporting of objects and business processes across supply chain networks.
- SAP Edge Services to bring compute, storage and business semantics via the cloud to where intelligent devices reside outside of the data center, for near real-time and deterministic performance of business processes.
- SAP Digital Manufacturing Insights, a centralized, cloud-based manufacturing performance management solution that provides comprehensive visibility into manufacturing that enables process optimization.
- SAP Asset Manager, a cloud-based mobile app for managing asset health, inventory, maintenance and safety.
The SAP Leonardo IoT bridge will work in conjunction with the company’s partnerships with companies like The Bosch Group. Together the two organizations are collaborating on scenarios for delivery track and trace with cloud-to-cloud integration through Bosch IoT Cloud.
[ Related: SAP Expands IoT Platform, Leaps Into Edge Analytics ]
“By using sensors, we digitalize logistics,” said Matthias Huelsmann, vice president of connected logistics at Bosch. “In particular, we provide data services based on real-time location, auto-ID and condition data such as temperature and shock. This creates more transparency and new value-added services. In doing so jointly with SAP, we help transform our customers’ supply chains even faster.”