The Internet of Things (IoT) is revolutionizing real-time analytics. Now, with sensor devices and the data streams they generate, companies have more insight into their assets than ever before.
Operational technology (OT) allows them to gather incredibly valuable and strategic data from their equipment and industry analytics allows them to harness its power. Download complimentary report.
- A medical device manufacturer was able to leverage data from device monitors to nearly double availability of its equipment, while reducing cost of maintenance by 20% to 30%.
- An international petroleum company avoided millions of dollars in downtime and lost production by remotely monitoring and analyzing data collected from critical equipment at a location halfway around the world.
- A global producer of components and solutions is able to monitor the temperature of assets such as cold stores, store freezers and refrigerators in 4,500 supermarkets worldwide, analyzing thermostats, evaporators, fans and compressors to greatly reduce unplanned failures, reducing expensive downtime and third-party call outs.
- A single turbine compressor blade can generate 500GB of data per day.
- A typical wind farm may generate 150,000 data points per second.
- A smart meter project can generate 500 million readings of data per day.
- Weather analysis can involve petabytes (quintillions of bytes) of data.
IT calls this “dark data” but it is anything but. The data your assets generate can enlighten by allowing you to get real-time diagnostics and make real-time operational decisions that can save you time and money.
Gartner’s free report explains this and more, provides case studies from real companies just like yours and will show you how to:
- Improve your industrial analytics in order to take control of dark data and achieve its full potential.
- Identify the data that is of the highest value to you and understand why IT/OT integration is so crucial.
- Find new ways to expand the use of low-cost sensors to increase and create business opportunities.
- Acquire the skills necessary to successfully integrate IT and OT.
OT and Industrial Analytics are critical components of any business that wants to be successful now and well into the future. Download this valuable report from Gartner, proudly brought to you by Datawatch, to learn more.