The new and enhanced features essentially take problem resolution to a higher level than that offered by traditional cloud monitoring solutions.
Moogsoft, today, announced new product features and enhancements that increase context and improve workflow automation to provide customers with a unified cloud monitoring solution. New enhancements and integrations include troubleshooting capabilities with Datadog for events and metrics; integration with Prometheus Alert manager to gain context and turn data into action; enhanced Landing Pages solution designed to answer user questions about features and configurations; and updates to reduce false positives and increase incident insights through flexible, transparent, and preconfigured Splunk, Telegraf, and AppDynamics integrations.
With these new and enhanced features, Moogsoft’s unified cloud monitoring platform gives users the ability to view their entire tech stack in one dashboard while receiving automated, actionable insights to assist SREs and IT Operations teams in resolving issues quickly and efficiently.
Such capabilities are increasingly needed in organizations today. When an issue occurs in a network, SREs or ITOps professionals need to have a clear understanding of the problem to quickly and efficiently resolve the issue. Moogsoft addresses the problem by integrating all tools into one unified cloud platform that can relay actionable insights necessary to address such problems and ensure no downstream impacts negatively affect additional systems and end-users. To do this, the Moogsoft platform ingests data and integrates with any tools in a user’s tech stack. It also provides correlation and actionable insights for resolution.
New offerings enhance cloud monitoring capabilities
The latest product features and updates improve workflow automation, increase incident context, and monitor efficiencies so teams can focus on diagnosing and fixing problems in real-time. The latest feature benefits and enhancements include:
Increased context for troubleshooting
- Integrate Datadog events and metrics with Moogsoft: This integration allows users to automatically adjust the integration query to pull only important metric points and meaningful alerts. This provides more context and improves processing and workflow actions to automatically find potential incidents to address before they impact business.
- Select the tags you want propagated: Incidents in Moogsoft will automatically aggregate and duplicate the tags from alerts, including any custom tags. This allows for the quickest path to remediation to lower mean-time-to-resolve (MTTR) and remain within SLAs and SLOs.
Turn data into action
- Integrate Prometheus Alertmanager with Moogsoft: Sending Prometheus Alertmanager alerts to Moogsoft to perform deduplication, and alert correlation provides a single source of aggregation and workflow to gain context about containers in one place and fix issues faster.
Spend less time on administration and maintenance
- Landing Pages: Landing Pages gives an overview of the feature, explaining what it does and why it is essential. It answers questions that users might have about features and configurations to provide support and, most importantly, save administrators time.
Reduce false positives and increase the context of incidents with integrations
- Telegraf: Sending Telegraf and InfluxDB data to the Telegraph endpoint for automated anomaly detection can help detect actionable and meaningful data.
- Splunk: The Moogsoft Splunk add-on allows users to stream important events and send individual alerts, helping to provide awareness and resolutions in an accelerated and automated fashion.
- AppDynamics, Dynatrace, and New Relic: These application performance management (APM) tools provide performance alerts so users can react quickly when issues occur. The recent integration updates bring all the APM alerts together with other application alerts in Moogsoft to align team focus and correct issues that impact business.
- Zabbix and Pingdom: This update to the Zabbix and Pingdom integration makes ingesting alerts into Moogsoft more transparent. Users will know what’s impacting website performance and availability and whether it is an alert or a deeper problem, allowing teams to fix issues quickly.
- Ansible Tower: This integration with Moogsoft provides users with the context of the failed changes in an IT environment, allowing teams to restore the service quickly, investigate why it failed and ensure it doesn’t happen again.
These new and enhanced features essentially take problem resolution to a higher level than that offered by traditional monitoring solutions. Here, SREs and ITOps staff get an understanding of the context of that data. This moves operations from monitoring to observability. And with observability, organizations can make sense of data and prevent issues from happening again.