Alteryx’s updated version features new analytics and data visualization tools.
Data science and analytics firm Alteryx, Inc. announced the general availability of their analytics platform. Version 2018.3 features new tools to help improve analytics, data preparation, and sharing and collaboration. It also includes a new tool called Visualytics.
This new offering provides real-time data visualizations across the Alteryx platform. This feature allows users to access, understand, and generate insights from data at any place in the analytics workflow. The process helps:
- Identify errors
- Streamline the analytics process
- Improve decision making.
The platform also includes an Interactive Chart Tool. Users can create charts and graphs from the visualizations Visualytics provides. The Alteryx Insight Tool allows users to create dashboards and combine interactive charts for collaboration.
- Smart asset recommendation in Alteryx Connect which moves users to questions and answers more quickly
- Enhanced Alteryx in-database Spark capabilities with new support for Databricks on Azure and HDInsight
- New caching capability which enables users to access answers quickly
- A new Python tool with Jupyter integration to further bridge the gap between data scientists and the business
- A more enterprise-friendly server so users can set job priority levels and assign worker nodes to deliver critical work on time
“Visualytics was nearly effortless for our team to execute and will help us provide our pharmaceutical and biotech customers with interactive charts that lead to more insights from our analytics,” says Ryan Peeler, director of network analytics at Voxx Analytics. “The new caching tool will save our team a ridiculous amount of time, allowing us to make changes to the workflow where we need to, without running the entire process again. I’ve been an Alteryx customer for more than three years and was thrilled to participate in the beta program and stay involved in the company’s continued innovation.”