ALTA sensors combines 1000+ feet of encrypted RF range and 10+ year battery.
Monnit Corporation, a provider of turnkey monitoring solutions for commercial and industrial markets, has announced the launch of its new wireless sensors and monitoring software, ALTA.
ALTA’s wireless sensors are touted as being able to send readings over eight times the distance of standard sensors. The company says the sensors also offer longer battery life and better security using their Encrypt-RF security application.
“IoT is not just refashioned ‘I.T.’ It’s beyond the ‘edge’ into actual things like commercial appliances, HVAC and manufacturing equipment. Whether your space is industrial, agricultural, office, or retail, businesses need a way to leverage operational data to improve outcomes, protect assets and save resources,” said Monnit CEO Brad Walters. “With ALTA, companies get secure, real-time information on how assets, buildings, and processes are managed and maintained.”
According to Monnit’s announcement, ALTA can monitor conditions and equipment and wirelessly transmit that data from distances over 1,000 feet. It also features a 256-bit exchange to establish a global unique key, and an AES-128 CTR for all data.
The company stated in that ALTA also includes the following new features:
- 5-star wireless reliability via frequency-hopping spread spectrum (FHSS).
- Superior power management for longer battery life using off-the-shelf batteries.
- Over-the-air (OTA) updates allow ALTA products to be updated remotely making them future-proof.
- Onboard sensor memory allows for days, weeks or months of time-stamped data logging.
- ALTA sensors feature Monnit’s new PinchPower enclosure design for easy access to the battery compartment.
- Exclusive and enhanced OEM, reseller and distributor pricing, platform access, and integration tools allow for low cost entry into IoT markets with minimal effort.