Designed for industrial IoT integration, PrismTech Vortex 2.4 features real-time data connectivity and scalability.
Vortex is based on the Data-Distribution Service standard developed by the Object Management Group. The Vortex platform is designed to provide an infrastructure for real-time device, cloud, and edge IoT data sharing and is built to reliably and securely deliver high volumes of data.
The new update to Vortex provides tools for connecting industrial IoT (IIoT) systems, including platform portability, automatic discovery, configurable framework and federated architecture. The new tools aim to reduce development time and enable system-wide scalability.
Version 2.4 of Vortex also includes enhancements designed to ease the hassle of connecting nodes and sharing data in industrial IIoT environments that include device, edge and cloud networks.
According to the company’s announcement, new additions to Vortex 2.4 include:
- Simplified configuration for Vortex Fog and Vortex Cloud for ease of deployment, as well as improved performance, scalability and support for load-balancing and fault tolerance.
- Harmonized C99 API for Vortex OpenSplice and Vortex Lite, designed for simplified and portable application development.
- MathWorks MATLAB and Simulink integration for Vortex OpenSplice, designed to enable real-time data integration with dynamic modeling and simulation tools.
- Enhanced Durability Service with improvements to support reliable and stable behavior in extreme node and process disconnect / reconnect scenarios.
- Group level coherency enabling changes to be delivered to a subscriber in an atomic set spanning multiple topics. Group level coherency is also supported by the Vortex OpenSplice Tuner and Tester tools.
- Google Protocol Buffers support in Vortex OpenSplice, Vortex Lite, and Vortex Café to capture evolutionary data-models in a language- and platform-neutral way.
- Open Source FACE 2.1 Transport Services Segment (TSS) implementation (C++ and Java) for Vortex OpenSplice to enable portable FACE compliant components to share and exchange data via DDS.