The new platform makes it easier to automate, manage and gain business insights from microservices-based application architectures that use containers.
Cloud-based machine data analytics provider Sumo Logic has announced new updates to the platform designed to make it easier to generate and gain insights from microservices-based architectures like Docker and orchestration software like Amazon EKS and Kubernetes.
The company hopes these enhancements will improve users’ gain end-to-end visibility into modern application architectures. The company helps companies improve customer experiences, decision making, and BI by providing improved metadata support for:
- Cloud platforms
- Conversion of unstructured to structured data
- Real-time series data
See also: Going inside SAP’s new data strategy
Report Findings on Using Machine Data to Gain Advantages
The company also released a new report Using Machine Data Analytics to Gain Advantage in the Analytics Economy. This report, completed in conjunction with 451 Research, found that:
- 30%+ of respondents work outside of IT/ security but use machine data analytics, including product managers, customer support, data sciences, C-level executives, and BI analysts
- 54% indicated their companies already use machine data tools for business insights
- 50% say their companies use the tools specifically to support end-user experiences
- 44% reported that the adoption of modern technologies including containers and microservices increased the challenges they face of getting data for fast decision-making
“The world is moving from generic solutions to personalized ones that address very specific customer pain points, and this requires an agile and flexible platform built for the cloud,” says Bruno Kurtic, founding VP of product and strategy, Sumo Logic. “Legacy analytics tools have failed organizations because they can no longer deliver the visibility needed to support the investment customers are making in modern architectures at cloud scale. The new enhancements to Sumo Logic’s platform not only provide real-time access to machine data analytics as a service but also make data easily accessible to everyone, enabling organizations to leverage these insights to drive better experiences for their customers.”